This year marks the 23rd year of this popular family event. And while the tournament date has changed, it still offers participants an excellent opportunity to enjoy a fun day of fishing with family and friends.
The individual who catches the overall largest fish wins the "Governor's Award" and has his/her name engraved on the Governor's Cup which is permanently displayed at the park. Fishing equipment is awarded to winners who catch the largest fish in a variety of species and age group categories.
Anglers planning to participate in the tournament should register early! Early registrants will save $5 on adult registration, and will be eligible to enter the early entry raffle for a surf rocket, www.surfrocketfishing.com. The early entry incentive ends April 21, 2014. After this date, anglers will be required to register at the tournament.
The pre-registration fee for the tournament is $15 for ages 18 and up and the registration fee on tournament day is $20. The registration fee for ages 13-17 is $5 and registration is free for ages 12 and under.
For more information or to download a registration form visit www.njfishandwildlife.com/gsft.htm.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 9, 2016 DEP artificial reef deployment program is back. by Gone Fishing
- May 4, 2016 NJ marine recreational fishing regulations. by Gone Fishing
- Aug 23, 2014 Bayshore Fishing Derby by Administrator
- Jan 1, 2014 Register for saltwater fishing. by Gone Fishing
- Sep 30, 2013 Seaside Heights Fishing Clubs Tenth Annual Tournament by Administrator
- Dec 22, 2012 Black Sea Bass and American Shad Regulations 2013 by Gone Fishing
- Dec 8, 2012 Fishing and Boating Advisory by Administrator