LEGENDARY GREATS “COME TO LIFE” AT ARTS & COMMUNITY CENTER
TOMS RIVER – On Sunday, October 20 at 2:00 p.m., as part of the Aspiring Artists Series at Ocean County College (OCC), the husband and wife duo Sandy Cory and Tom Doyle will make two renowned musicians “come to life” when they perform a Les Paul & Mary Ford Tribute at OCC’s Arts & Community Center located on the College’s Main Campus, Building #18, College Drive, Toms River, NJ. Tickets are on sale now.
Cory and Doyle capture on guitars, percussion, flute, and vocals the Great American Songbook as performed by the legendary greats Les Paul and Mary Ford. A captivating and entertaining talk about the father of electric guitar and pioneer of sound recording over dubbing accompanies their musical performance. Doyle worked with Les Paul for over 40 years, so his reminiscing takes on a personal note. Cory can do whatever Mary Ford could do including sing and play congas and flute.
Doyle worked closely with Les Paul and is a guitarist and luthier in his own right, having been crafting guitars for more than 40 years. He invented the T.W. Doyle pick-up system for electric guitars. Doyle has also customized, repaired, and modified guitars for artists like George Benson, Sting, Bucky Pizzarelli, Tony Mottola, Jimmy Page, and Les Paul.
The couple’s new CD, A Tribute to Les, Mary, and More, will be available for purchase.
Tickets: $15 adult / $12 senior / $10 student (includes a Meet the Artists Reception).
For more information or to purchase tickets, call the Ocean County College Arts & Community Center Box Office at 732-255-0500. You can also purchase tickets online at tickets.ocean.edu.
NOTE: All performances are subject to change. Please call ahead for updated schedule or visit our web site at www.ocean.edu.
Most Recent Articles
- Mar 26, 2018 Seaside Heights Easter Egg Hunt by Administrator
- Jul 14, 2016 22 NEW SHOWS ADDED TO GRUNIN CENTER’S UPCOMING SEASON AT OCC by Administrator
- May 23, 2016 Going Down the Shore by Administrator
- May 4, 2016 9th Annual Blessing of the Lifeguards by Administrator
- Apr 1, 2014 St. Francis Center’s Vacation Club is LBI’s summer camp for children by Administrator
- Sep 23, 2013 41st Annual LBI 18 Mile Run by Administrator
- Sep 23, 2013 Activities on LBI by Administrator
- Jul 29, 2013 T. Thomas Fortune House National Historic Landmark by Lynn Humphrey
- Apr 27, 2013 Cape May County Zoo Snow Leopards Cubs by Administrator