Sep. 17, 2013 - SHIP BOTTOM, N.J. -- The Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce is proud to highlight events that bring families together in unique and traditional ways this October. With milestone events and brand new offerings the LBI Region boasts a packed calendar of events to usher in fall. The month starts off with 25th Anniversary with the shore’s famous Chowderfest Weekend October 5 and 6. Live music, costumed characters, end of season bargains at Merchant Mart on Saturday and a heated restaurant competition on Sunday provide the action all within the backdrop of scenic bay views. This “Souper Bowl” themed culinary contest has restaurants tackling the challenge of the crowd favorite as each ticket holder gets to cast their vote along with unlimited tasting of red and white chowder. Saturday is a free event; tickets are available for Sunday October 6 at www.chowderfest.com.
October 11-12 brings back the second annual Operation Halloween and Zombie Outbreak to the Citta Scout Reservation in Barnegat. Zombie Asylum, haunted and toddler friendly hayrides and provides chills for all ages. October 13 is LBI’s 41rst Annual 18 mile run hosted by The St Francis Center. For surf fishing fans and those who would like to start, help kick off the 59th year of the Long Beach Island Surf Fishing Tournament with a free seminar on October 12 at 9am Bagels, coffee and prizes kick off the day as the Surf City Anglers provide proven techniques.
This is also a season filled with showstoppers from Surflight Theatre’s Our Town October 2-6 to Our Gang’s October 17-20 Cabaret, and the bone chilling October 23-27 performance of the Legend of Sleepy Hallow by Ocean Professional Theatre in Manahawkin, matinees and evening will be filled. October 12 Clam Jam brings surfers down to enjoy the shore in this annual competition. For a celebration of how all that is old is new again, The Stafford Historical Society presents their Time Travelers Ball on October 19 for dinner, dancing and costumes. October 19 & 20 brings Wine Festival at Jakes Branch Park, Stafford Harvest Festival and the NJ Lighthouse Challenge. To round the month out October 24-26 Tuckerton Seaport’s Haunted Seaport brings back pirates, ghosts and creatures from the deep and get cozy at October 26 is Bonfire and Storytelling at Barnegat Lighthouse State Park. For details on all the events, contact the Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce at 609 494 7211 or visit our fall picks online at http://www.visitlbiregion.com/visitors/things-to-do/fallforward/
Most Recent Articles
- Mar 26, 2018 Seaside Heights Easter Egg Hunt by Administrator
- Jul 14, 2016 22 NEW SHOWS ADDED TO GRUNIN CENTER’S UPCOMING SEASON AT OCC by Administrator
- May 23, 2016 Going Down the Shore by Administrator
- May 4, 2016 9th Annual Blessing of the Lifeguards by Administrator
- Apr 1, 2014 St. Francis Center’s Vacation Club is LBI’s summer camp for children by Administrator
- Sep 23, 2013 LEGENDARY GREATS “COME TO LIFE” AT ARTS & COMMUNITY CENTER by Administrator
- Sep 23, 2013 41st Annual LBI 18 Mile Run by Administrator
- Jul 29, 2013 T. Thomas Fortune House National Historic Landmark by Lynn Humphrey
- Apr 27, 2013 Cape May County Zoo Snow Leopards Cubs by Administrator